1.31.2011

Creative Tuesday: Valentine

Oh how I adore Creative Tuesdays!  Although, I think I have to admit something to you...

I haven't felt very good about this week's theme since I first read it.  However, you would have never known that by looking at the results of this week's Mr. Toast's Creative Tuesday's assignment! 

The theme that scared me so deeply was Valentine.  I'm not that mushy... the mister and I don't really celebrate Valentines Day... we don't hold hands in public a lot... it's just not us. 


That said.... 

Ta da! It's like a Prism Heart Zentangle (read about what a zentangle is here.)



I admit I went into it with such a bad attitude.  Bad artist.  Silly girl.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's ok if I don't see the finished idea in my head.  It's ok to just pick up a pen and pad and start making lines.  Then make a few more.  Then a few more.  I surprised myself with what began to appear once I pushed through my fears of not liking the results.

And I'm satisfied!  I feel free and creative again.  I *heart* Mr. Toast for metaphorically twisting my arm into these challenges each week.  I am better for giving them my all.

I hope you will consider joining in this or the next assignment and check out other artists in the community here.

18 comments:

MJ said...

This is so cute!! Beautifully done :). I am tempted to join, but oh so insecure about my abilities. I know I know I hear you... And your breakfast bar looks sooo good.

Unknown said...

Love this...you see there was nothing to be scared of....

Jenny said...

Rainbow colours and zentangles..what more could I ask for? :) LOVELY :)x

Heather said...

I like this, too! It's full of valentine creativity, and that's what its all about - just letting your creative spirit go! I really like the colors and the zentangles, too!

ok, i am with you - does shoveling count as running??? he he he...i am soooo done shoveling, too!!
xxoo

Wanda said...

The best creativity comes from a "Free Spirit"...this is lovely, and all the details just say I love You over and over...

I like the rainbow of colors on the side too... A very special Valentine.

Unknown said...

I wasn't feeling this prompt much myself. Yours turned out great though. I like the prism idea, with the light passing through and being magnified by the heart.

Morph Waffle said...

I like your prism zentangle heart. It makes me happy. My husband and I aren't all that mushy gushy either.

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! LOVE it ... very nice. Mom checked out the Creative Tuesday Link ... Maybe? she'll join one Tuesday. Just checking in ... for what project you have selected for the sew a thon ... hope to find out soon. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I empathise with your feelings here! I often can't get inspired and think I'll dip out but then end up at the last minute with an idea!
Actually there something really deep about your idea that a heart attracts light and acts as a prism to refract it out in different ways...

Janice said...

What a magical heart you have created! I like your job on the breakfast bar as well.

Dara Marlynne said...

That is too spiffy... a zentangle. I love the prism effect as well!

Unknown said...

Aww, this is too cute, I love it!

Christine said...

love your prism zentangle, and you know, it doesn't look at all mushy!

EVA said...

That's the thing about these zen doodles, we never know where they are going to take us!!

Wonderful!!

Betsy Brock said...

another zen doodle! Christie, it's great! and it look like a quilt! :)

Unknown said...

I must be following Betsy. Another zen doodle and I love it.
QMM

Michael said...

Well, christie, you do make me smile and laugh. What? isn;t this the THIRD theme in a row you;ve rather hated adn yet come throgh with flying colours too? LOL. I need to look back at some of the themes YOU suggested to give you poor thing a break! LOL. For someone who does not like Val day much, I must say you;ve done a splendid job. I love it. your work always inspires me and truly makes me feel happy. Your posts too. TY so much. I hope it won;t be tooo much looking at the montage. I give you permission to avoid it altogether. LOL.

Jane said...

I know what you mean when you say some of the themes are a challenge. You've dealt with this one beautifully, I love it

Related Posts with Thumbnails