4.07.2011

Fabric Flower Pins {Carnations}

I wanted to make a little flower or something for my art show committee to wear during the art show this week.  Last year I make origami flowers, so I wanted to try and mix it up a little this year. 

I had fabric flowers on the brain and have seen a lot of really good tutorials for darling little flowers.  However, when I stumbled across Kara's tutorial at Craftastical for a fabric flower that resembled a carnation... I knew I had found the one!! 

Kara's instructions are clear and easy to follow.  I also liked how these are made from circles of fabric... and that the circles don't have be perfectly round in order for them to work.  It's a very forgiving pattern that way!  I enjoyed trying different fabrics and colors to see how the flowers would look!

Cutting all the circles was messy business... but at the same time all those colors together looked a bit like festive confetti to me!


Don't they look great together!


I used a dab of hot glue from a hot glue gun to add a pin on the back.  I did cover the pin with a small square of fabric to make the pin base a little more sturdy.  They have worked like a charm!!  It's very easy to take them on and off ... and I do think they will last a long time!!


It's also a perfect way to use up some scraps like left over binding!  I have found that two inch circles work really well for this!


Sorry for the short post today, but I am hoping this weekend will bring a little more calm into my life and I can get back behind my sewing machine for a bit.

日本のための多くの愛
Much love for Japan

4 comments:

Jenn Bower said...

Those are lovely. I adore flower pins and used to wear them all the time to work. Reminds me I need to dig those our again.

emilysnan said...

hiy a, i love your flowers and i will be trying them , i love learning new ways to make flowers to use in jewlery making , altering and card making too ,tfs,i am visiting from thrilling thursdays and am your newest follower too , hope you can stop by mine and follow me too ,tfs
xmaggiex

Rhinestone Beagle said...

Super cute and a great stash buster! Thanks so much for linkin up. Can't wait to see what you have for next week.

Life in Rehab said...

Hey, those came out really cute! I'll bet Savannah would have a field day with them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails