5.13.2012

Baby Apple Tree

It's been an amazing, sunny, warm, delicious, make you think of summer, and all those lazy days ahead kind of weekend.  Hope you and yours have found ways to turn the time into sweet memories! 

Also, Happy Mother's Day to all the strong women who make it look so easy.



The seedling is a baby apple tree grown straight from a seed found in a real life apple.  I took the seed from the apple core after eating the apple and plopped it right into the dirt.  Of the eight seeds I planted, it seems this is the one that will try to grow into a tree.  The 'greenhouse' is up-cycled from the top of a two liter soda bottle.

Nothing like a little new life to give us all a little perspective on this festive day!

Ciao bella, xoxo!

2 comments:

Seaweed and Raine said...

Grow little Apple tree, grow! How exciting - I hope it keeps it's determination.

zsazsazsu said...

I once had a 'mispel' medlar when I was on holiday in Italy and I took the seed home ... really took a lot of time to grow it ... now it is standing in my garden and about 3 m high !This winter it almost died of the cold at is a a mediterranean tree and where are not living in a mediterranean climate here ... but waw ... he got through it ! I am so happy and proud of my tree ... even if I he doesn't give fruit .. no other tree around to cross-fertilize.
So you see .. it just needs time and love ! ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails