1.15.2013

Quilt #1 for Hurricane Sandy Peeps

It's finished!!  Quilt #1 for a family affected by Hurricane Sandy.  I also talked about this quilt here and here.  I merely pieced the blocks and finished off the quilting/binding.  And then gave it it's first fluff up wash and send it off to be distributed.  Delightful isn't it?

The wonky log cabin blocks were made by Max in Kansas, Susan in New Jersey, and Marry Kay in Arizona.  Thank you ladies for showing your quilty-spirit and demonstrating how even a small effort can go a long way in comforting someone!!






I volunteered to assemble one more quilt and have received the last blocks I was waiting for.  Looking forward to the meditative process of piecing the blocks into rows and creating another giant hug to share!

Hope your week is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Jenn Bower said...

Beautiful quilt. What a great gift of love. Happy new year & I am so jealous of all your snow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails